Graeme Cree's Starcross bugs page
- In version 15, besides the nest and beam of light, you can also order
around the palisade.
- In version 15, if you fire the ray gun before looking in it, then it
remains closed and can't be used to hold a rod.
- In version 15, if you LOOK AT something THROUGH CLEAR ROD, you are
told it "looks as before, only tinged by the color of the clear rod."
- In both versions, you can PUT each disk ON itself. After you do this,
almost any reference to IT locks up the program. EXAMINE IT produces a long
stream of output and a crash.
- In both versions, there are many opportunities to get rid of your
hands. You can THROW HANDS at Outside Ship, producing, "The pair of hands
sails away into space." You can also DROP HANDS or THROW HANDS at Yellow Dock,
Among Debris, Up a Tree, Top of Tree, Drive Bubble Entrance, On Drive Bubble,
Floating in Air, On Control Bubble, or Control Bubble Entrance.
- In both versions, when you're sitting on the control couch on the
bridge of the Starcross, anything you DROP disappears. Anything you DROP while
on your bunk still shows in the description while you're on your bunk, but you
can't get it back.
- In both versions, you can PUT SUIT ON a disk while wearing it, and
it stays worn, even if you DROP the disk. Similarly, you can PUT LINE ON a
disk while it's tied to the suit and/or a hook, and leave without detaching it.
- In both versions, the rat-ant nest is closable. When the nest is
closed, its contents are still listed in the room description, but you can't
interact with them.
- In both versions, TALK TO SPIDER gives no output once the spider has
introduced itself, if you haven't given it the tape library yet.
- In both versions, you can CLOSE the ray gun, but can't OPEN it.
LOOK IN GUN opens it, but only if there's a rod inside.
- In both versions, the basket is closable. You can PUT rods IN BASKET
when it's closed, but then you can't interact with them.
<< Back to index
Page last updated
List maintainer: Nathan Simpson