Graeme Cree's Sorcerer page
- In version 13 only, when your spell book is ruined, trying to cast any spell gives
the response "The spell no longer readable.", even if you know the spell by heart.
So it's necessary to keep the spell book intact in order to win this version.
- In versions 13 and 15, if you're not carrying anything, then DROP ALL says,
"You're not holdingall those things!".
- In versions 4 through 15, at Library, LOOK UP CAST A SPELL causes a crash.
Infocom interpreters just lock up, and Frotz exits with "Fatal error: Stack overflow".
- In versions 4 through 15, if you interact with an object in the opening
dream, then say AGAIN once awake, you can get inappropriate messages about
objects that are no longer there. Version 18 just says it's too dark to see.
- In all versions, if you cast GASPAR outside the maze and then die inside
the maze, at your resurrection any scrolls in your possession are moved to the room
just inside the maze. This happens even if that room no longer has a floor; the
scrolls just float there.
- In all versions, if you're holding an open potion vial, you can THROW the
potion AT something. The quantity of potion stays there on the floor. You can
drink it, but only if you're holding its vial.
- In all versions, after you unlock the door at Dial Room, it stays unlocked
even if you turn the dial to the wrong combination. Even so, you hear another click
every time you turn it back to the right combination. --Kevin Savetz
- In all versions, at Shaft Bottom, EXAMINE DOOR still talks about the dial
set in it, but the dial is not present. --Kevin Savetz
- In all versions, you can't GET anything while lying in bed, but if you READ
it you pick it up.
- In all versions, if you try to do something to the doorway in Your
Quarters, such as READ DOORWAY or TALK TO DOORWAY, you get a failure message
in which it is referred to as "an doorway". A similar thing happens with the dragon
carving; READ DRAGON gives "How can you read an carving of a dragon?".
In all versions, LOOK UP says, "It's too dark to see!", even when the location is lit.
<< Back to index
Page last updated
List maintainer: Nathan Simpson